Monday, June 23, 2008

Petrol (Gas) hits £5 ($10) per Gallon (March '08): Oil will not see 100 USD again

We've recently returned to "two car" status - my runabout is a lovely drive, but I'm re-thinking the sense in owning such a lively car: I had cause to fill-up both mine an the wife's car in one day in March - the cost - a mighty £143 ($286) - at c.20 mpg for my motor, and with recent UK announcements on car tax, and congestion charges, the costs are becoming extraordinary.

Fuels costs are rising very fast even since march, and last week I attended a seminar which convinced me that Oil will never see $100 a barrel again (well not for long anyway) - so it is not going to get any better. Prices are up another 15% since March!

Still looking on the bright side - it should mean that my next car, another guzzler, will coming down in price fast!

No comments:

AdSense Referral