Friday, September 14, 2007

Google-Bell

I've added some Google ads to this my blog site - not so much to earn any cash - just to see learn a little more about how easy this has become, and how effective, and context sensitive advertising can be. BTW I've now earned $0.02 from it! Must declare that on my tax return :-) - It’s a while since I had to do a US one - I hope the UK US tax treaty still holds.

This led me on to include some Google analytics, and other web-site analytics tools to the blog.

Google have been handing out free £30 'vouchers' encouraging people to run ad campaigns - I'll have to give it a try !

I hear the deep pockets of Google are going to stretch to parts of the US EM Spectrum that can go through walls (700 Mhz?) - though that rumour seems to have quietened of late. If Google purchase this, and turn on all that dark fibre that they also, apparently, have, the Telco's (mobile/land/and perhaps even VIOP) and ISP's better start thinking about a new business model !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only that, it seems Google are building up a whole worldwide network infrastructure (or the foundation for one at least)
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09/21/google_plans_multi_terabit_pacific_spanning_underwater_cable/

This could be Google flexing their muscles in response to the whole net neutrality issue.

-Tom

AdSense Referral